1. It has been a fun ride
    but the server has now closed.

Featured The End Of An Era

Discussion in 'Whats Going On' started by Maginka, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Maginka
    Caffeine Fix

Maginka Owner of Mineplay Owner

Jul 29, 2011
    Maginka
    Hi guys

It is with a heavy heart that i make this post, but, I'm sure many of you will know by now that Mineplay has closed.

I have started a new job which is now taking up all of my free time, and I am unable to give the server the love and attention that it needs. Also financially, I have been struggling for a long time to keep things afloat.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the support you have shown over the years. We have had some ups and downs along the way, but I'm sure like me, you will agree, we have had a lot of fun.

Discord will remain running ( its free ) for those of you that wish to keep in touch with each other, and I wish you all the very best.

Take care all, have fun, be happy, and I wish you success in all that you do in the future.

Your Friend,

Maginka

goodbye.png

2. Lord_Rafox
    Cheerful

Lord_Rafox Jaffa cake junkie Server Staff News Author

Sep 25, 2015
    Lord_Rafox
    We knew this was coming. You've had financial difficulties for a while now

I'd like to thank you all for being the best you can be. I've enjoyed every single minute of my time here!

2 years ago I joined, I was a mere 14 year old looking for something to do. - I haven't looked back

You are all deeply lovable, intelligent, funny, selfless people. And I know because you've kept the place running. If Mags didn't have anywhere near the amount of support he's had over the years, The server would't've lasted a day.

Be great everyone. I love you all to the moon and back.

See you on Discord <3

3. Oran_Berries
    Dumb

Oran_Berries 10 HP

Sep 10, 2014
    Oran_Berries
    thank you for everything.

goodbye and much love.

4. JCPink
    Caffeine Fix

JCPink DemiGod Staff Member Server Staff

May 14, 2012
    jcgreen
    It's a shame to see it go, I know I've missed the end but I was swamped and now its sad to see I can't return but I have to say LIFE WELL SPENT.

5. Bluefluffy
    Festive

Bluefluffy Diamond Miner

Apr 19, 2014
    Bluefluffy
    I understand you!
    You have been running this awesome server since the beginning of times almost, and i am very happy about this!

Personally being on Mineplay has helped me through a lot of issues one being depression.
    I wish you the very best with your new job and hope it will give you more funds that your previous one did!

I'm delighted to hear the Discord server will remain, as i made a lot of friends and it would be heartbreaking those lose such friends.

As sayings say, all good things come to an end eventually.

It would have been nice to see mineplay still running, but as i think no one can replace you as the owner of mineplay, i am fine with the server stopping. I was thinking though, what is the admin would do the server running stuff and plugins managment stuff, and if Chewy has lots of free time, she could be the owner?
    It is only an idea, a quite complex one to be honest, but maybe, it is better that it end here :)

Take good care of yourself mags and i hope to some day hear about you again :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr.Indie
    Artistic

Mr.Indie Tree Puncher

Jan 7, 2017
    IndieAdam
    R.i.p.
    It was fun : D