1. It has been a fun ride
    but the server has now closed.

The Announced "better Together" Update.

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by Xashowd, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Xashowd
    Batty

Xashowd Tree Puncher

Jun 9, 2016
    Xashowd
    So yeah, we got a nice bombshell at E3 today in the "Better Together" Update coming this fall. The standard PC version of Minecraft is getting renamed to "Java Edition" and every other one for current-gen systems is getting renamed "Minecraft." And will also open up Server access, though I can't tell yet from the news on their site if it'll just be official or if player-created ones will also be accessible. Not sure if Mods will also follow.

My next question is mainly out of curiosity, but if Player-created servers do end up compatible with this update, will Mineplay expand to the Server list of supported systems (Xbox One, Switch, PS4, Mobile Edition, and Windows 10 Edition), or stay on Java if Mods aren't a thing? Kinda wondering if this'll expand the Server in any way, or if it'll change nothing.

2. Maginka
    Caffeine Fix

Maginka Owner of Mineplay Owner

Jul 29, 2011
    Maginka
    in simple terms, it will change nothing.

3. Frost
    Sad

Frost Tree Puncher

May 2, 2016
    FrostFire17
    I was about to make a thread about this (or whatever it's called sorry I don't know the name) but I found this thread so I will add on to it. This "Better Together" thing kind of scares me. They have already officially said that Minecraft for the PC will essentially turn into a "Community Version" (Jeb said it in an interview with LogDotZip). I have also seen a few videos that aren't making this sound very appealing. Should I be worried about this new update destroying Minecraft or am I just being the pessimist I am? The channels with the videos that really scared me are thesaintofgames and Phoenix SC. (really really hoping I am just being a pessimist rn)