1. Server Address: mc.mineplay.com

News Many Updates

Discussion in 'Whats Going On' started by Lord_Rafox, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Lord_Rafox
    Cheerful

Lord_Rafox Jaffa cake junkie Server Staff News Author

Sep 25, 2015
    Lord_Rafox
    Greetings ladies and gents! Hope you're all doing ok!

Before I start, I'm just gonna say that the exam season draws to a close soon for me, so I'll be here on Mags' behalf keeping you all updated so be sure to check here for the latest information and news!

This post is almost what could be many posts merged into one.
    It's about all the recent and many updates that have happened to Mineplay.

So without further delay, let's get into this. :)

Update 1 - 1.12

As I'm sure you will have seen, Mineplay is now on 1.12. What does this mean? Well, if you've been paying any attention to the Minecraft Launcher, you'll know the 1.12 update was nicknamed "the colour update" and for good reason! New features include Terracotta blocks, Coloured beds (finally!) and parrots! A very colourful array of colourful things! This is just a reminder really so if you haven't done so already, which to be honest you, you should've done by now :p. What it also means however is that bugs and glitches are likely to occur, so if you do find one, please contact one of us or post something here.

Update 2 - Spawn

The next update is one to do with spawn. Spawn has basically been expanded and improved! The market stalls that were there has gone and the building that used to have the staff list in improved. It looks a lot more friendly to the eye (or for it's technical term, Aesthetically pleasing, yes I did spell that right :p) There is a new shop too to the left of the actual spawn point instead of the portals part where Sid can be found. And lastly, there is a few new interactive features such as kits and NPCS (see below)

Update 3 - NPCS and Kits

Now this update is currently in progress, but I'll explain it anyway. The 2 npcs at the fountain remain where they are, but Sid, The Pet Shop and The Banker have moved to inside the building to the left of the spawn point. We also (and this will be good for many people) have a flyer NPC which, as its name suggests, allows you to fly for a couple of minutes for a certain amount of money, if you want more time, just go back and buy more! We also have a "New Mini Game" NPC which will teleport you straight the the ever popular Zombie Survival game. As for the kits, they're currently being worked on, but we currently have 3 to the right of the spawn point and a few more further round. Lastly, if you do /kit, you will see a nice gui with a few more kits added!

Update 4 - Shops

Shops have had a big update too. Let's talk about Vehicles first. For starters, You can no longer do /carshop, /planeshop etc. This is for technical reasons (if you must know, the cost per vehicle wasn't working right). THey need further testing so for now, they are not available, but when they are added. They will be bought through Sid, not with the commands. Moving on, there is now a shop area to the left of the world's spawnpoint which has some of the new, colourful items that were added in the new 1.12 update. Also, a new command has been added to make it easier to get to and fro the shop. Try /shoplist in game and see all the playershops. This is an alternative to /visit.

That's about it for now. Be sure to keep coming back. Happy playing! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Emily
    Pensive

Emily Somewhat Important Staff Member Server Staff

Dec 15, 2014
    EmilyC2
    Don't forget 1.12 also came with...
    • Colorful concrete blocks, a much more vivid alternative to the newly renamed terracotta (formerly called clay) blocks
      • Concrete is formed by "mixing" concrete powder (also new, craftable) with water
    • The recipe book
      • access by opening your inventory whilst in survival
    and spawn also has
    • several new crates, which you will see to the right of the fountain.
    • an enchanting room just past the crates

• Agree Agree x 1